The latest major 22.214.171.1248 update with a number bug fixes and some new features is now available for download (Aquabase will check for an update on start-up) and will require a password to complete the update process. This password is included in an email to subscribers to the Aquabase Support and Development programme. If Aquabase cannot download the update automatically you can also get it from the Download section of this website. You have to be a registered user to access the download section.
Please read the notes during installation for the latest exciting additions and bug fixes! We are constantly working on improving and fixing Aquabase functionality. Please let me know if you find any bugs and would like to make suggestions for new functions.
SO WHAT’S NEW IN THIS LATEST VERSION?
- The Map View function has been further improved with a “Graduated” Theme map (under Tools|View Map) for e.g. water level depths, yields or chemistry amongst others. Again: this is not a replacement for a GIS but rather a quick way of getting an idea about certain groundwater characteristics in an area. It is also handy to see where the sites are and to quickly select certain sites on the map to jump to in the database. A few online map sources have also been added, with more to come. The “Categorised” Theme Map is also work in progress. As they say: Watch this space!
- The Help database has been updated to include the Map and Coordinate Systems help items.
AND WHAT HAS BEEN FIXED SINCE THE LAST VERSION?
- The Pumping Test Import function entry form inserted a water level (a previous water level entered under the Drawdown/Water Level section), even when at a new/different site. This has been fixed.
- The DPI scaling on Windows did not work as expected when setting your desktop resolution to something higher than 96dpi. This led to overlapping components on the form, making it difficult to enter data. This should be fixed now. In the process most forms have also been visually simplified and changed with components to look the same across the application.
- Quite a few other smaller bug fixes and code optimisations.