The latest 184.108.40.2068 update with a number bug fixes and a few new features is now available for download (Aquabase will check for an update on start-up) and will require a password to complete the update process. This password is included in an email to subscribers to the Aquabase Support and Development programme. If Aquabase cannot download the update automatically you can also get it from the Download section of this website. You have to be a registered user to access the individual downloads in this section.
Please read the notes during installation for the latest exciting additions and bug fixes! We (the developers and the users) are constantly working on improving and fixing Aquabase functionality. Please let me know if you find any bugs and/or would like to make suggestions for new functions.
SO WHAT’S NEW IN THIS LATEST VERSION?
- The time-dependent Chemistry report was tweaked to better space the columns to make provision for longer parameter labels and values. While this is not the final solution a more user-intervention approach with additional settings before the report may be implemented in future.
AND WHAT HAS BEEN FIXED SINCE THE LAST VERSION?
- When adding new sites with map reference the option of not defaulting the coordinates to the centre of the map did not work. This is working now and produces 0.00 for X/Long and Y/Lat coordinates.
- Under certain coordinate system settings coordinate conversions gave an error with South African LO systems when adding a new site, but one could still finalise entering the data record. This is fixed.
- When updating Depth and Collar in Basic Information after changing those values under Hole Finish, and only one of the two fields was filled in, the other field could give a 0.00 or a “random previous” value in Basic Information. This is now resolved.
- A couple of smaller bug fixes and optimisations.